Avoid Bill Payment Scams
Don’t be a victim of a scam - protect yourself from utility imposters
Even if you have a past-due balance that needs to be paid, remember:
- SDG&E always provides past-due notices on an official SDG&E form before service is shut off for nonpayment.
- SDG&E does not request credit card, banking or other financial information over the phone.
- You should never provide financial information by telephone unless you initiated the call.
- You should contact SDG&E directly at 1-800-411-7343 if you have any questions about resolving an outstanding balance.
If you suspect a caller of posing as an SDG&E employee or receive a suspicious email, hang up the phone or delete the email and call SDG&E’s main customer service line directly at 1-800-411-7343. You should also call SDG&E if you have any doubts about a visitor who shows up at your home or business, claiming to be a representative of SDG&E.
- DO NOT click on any links in any suspicious email.
- DO NOT reply to any suspicious email or provide any information.
- DO NOT open any attachments of a suspicious email.