Renew Your CARE Bill Discount

Thank you for taking the time to renew your monthly CARE bill discount.  

 Please select the renewal that applies to you:

  • General Renewal You received a letter saying it's time to renew your monthly bill discount. 
  • Provide Income Documentation - You received a letter asking for documentation about your income and/or participation in certain federal assistance programs.  
  • High Energy Use Renewal - You received a letter saying your energy use is 400% or 600% above baseline and you must reapply for your bill discount.

Remember that your eligibility is based on total household size and your total household income or participation in certain public assistance programs. 

  • Program eligibility requirements

    Eligibility is based on your household size and yearly income or by your household participation in certain public assistance programs.

    Public assistance programs that qualify

    You may qualify based on you or a member of your household’s participation in one or more of the following programs:

    • Medicaid/Medi-Cal for Families A & B
    • CalFresh (Food Stamps) SNAP
    • Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
    • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
    • Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
    • National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
    • Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    • CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF

    Income levels that qualify

    You may qualify based on household size and total current household income*=Total income of all persons living in your house, condo, apartment or mobile home.

    Number of persons in household

    Maximum Combined Annual Income















    Each additional person: +$8,360
    Effective June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018

    *Total household income is all taxable and non-taxable revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to: wages, salaries, interest, dividends, spousal and child support payments; public assistance payments, Social Security and pensions, rental income, income from self-employment, and all employment-related non-cash income.