Provide Income Documentation
To continue receiving a discount on your bill you must meet the program's eligibility requirements. When you signed up, we let you know that you may be selected to verify your income or participation in certain assistance programs.
If you received a letter from us requesting this information, you must reapply to continue receiving your monthly bill discount. If we do not hear from you by the date specified in the letter, the bill discount will be removed from your account.
Please complete the Income Documentation Renewal Application and return it via:
- Fax: 858-636-5749 or;
- Mail: SDG&E CARE, P.O. Box 129831, San Diego, CA 92112-9985
- Program eligibility requirements
Eligibility is based on your household size and yearly income or by your household participation in certain public assistance programs.
Public assistance programs that qualify
You may qualify based on you or a member of your household’s participation in one or more of the following programs:
- Medicaid/Medi-Cal for Families A & B
- CalFresh (Food Stamps) SNAP
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF
Income levels that qualify
You may qualify based on household size and total current household income*=Total income of all persons living in your house, condo, apartment or mobile home.
Number of persons in household
Maximum Combined Annual Income
Each Additional person: +$8,360
Effective June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018
*Total household income is all taxable and non-taxable revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to: wages, salaries, interest, dividends, spousal and child support payments; public assistance payments, Social Security and pensions, rental income, income from self-employment, and all employment-related non-cash income.