General CARE Bill Discount Renewal
Thank you for renewing your bill discount.
Before you start, you'll need to have your account number which can be found on your SDG&E bill. You'll also have to meet all of the program's eligibility requirements which can be viewed below.
After your enrollment, you may be selected to verify your income or participation in certain public assistance programs. If selected, a letter will be mailed to you requesting that you complete the necessary steps to continue to receive the discount. If you don't respond by the date specified in the letter, the bill discount will be removed from your account.
You can renew your CARE bill discount through one of the following steps:
- Online: Click here or;
- Automated Enrollment Number: 1-877-646-5525 or;
- Fax: 858-636-5749 or;
- Mail: SDG&E CARE, P.O. Box 129831, San Diego, CA 92112-9985
- Program eligibility requirements
Eligibility is based on your household size and yearly income or by your household participation in certain public assistance programs.
Public assistance programs that qualify
You may qualify based on you or a member of your household’s participation in one or more of the following programs:
- Medicaid/Medi-Cal for Families A & B
- CalFresh (Food Stamps) SNAP
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF
Income levels that qualify
You may qualify based on household size and total current household income*=Total income of all persons living in your house, condo, apartment or mobile home.
Number of persons in household
Maximum Combined Annual Income
Each additional person: +$8,360
Effective June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018
*Total household income is all taxable and non-taxable revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to: wages, salaries, interest, dividends, spousal and child support payments; public assistance payments, Social Security and pensions, rental income, income from self-employment, and all employment-related non-cash income.