SDG&E’s Reduce Your Use Thermostat Program
Reduce Your Use Thermostat - How It Works
- On Reduce Your Use days, we will adjust your thermostat settings to conserve energy.
- You may opt-out of the setting adjustment for the day if you cannot participate.
- Your settings may be adjusted between 11:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., but no more then 4 hours in a row.
What To Expect
- You will receive a $50 e-gift card for each thermostat you enroll in Reduce Your Use. (limit of 2)
- Additionally, most customers will receive $25 at the end of the year if you stay enrolled through October 31st and your thermostat stays connected to wi-fi.
- You are a residential customer with a Smart Meter.
- You have a central air conditioner controlled by your thermostat.
- You are not currently enrolled in the Summer Saver program.
- Customers with solar panels must enroll in time of use plus rate plan or reduce your use rewards to qualify. Go to MyAccount for more information.
- Limit of two thermostats per household.
Enroll and Register Now to Receive your $50 Gift Card
- Purchase and install an SDG&E approved smart thermostat.
- (Visit SDG&E’s Marketplace to find out where you can buy one).
- Enroll your approved smart thermostat below.
Disclaimer: This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.