Qualify for no-cost, energy-efficient home improvements

Whether you rent or own, you could be eligible to receive free energy-efficient home improvements that can make your home more comfortable and save you money now and for years to come. With the Energy Savings Assistance Program, SDG&E’s authorized contractors will come to your home and may provide free:

  • Attic insulation
  • Energy-efficient lighting
  • Door weatherstripping
  • Replacement of qualified appliances*
  • Caulking
  • Minor home repairs
  • Low-flow showerheads
  • Water heater blankets

Find out if you Qualify

If your total household income is lower than the Federal Income Guidelines you may qualify.

Apply Now!

* Existing appliances must meet age requirements to qualify for replacement. Co-pay may be required for landlords who own appliances and pay tenant utility bill.

Authorized Outreach & Assessment Contractors:

  • Richard Heath & Associates (RHA)        1-619-387-4757
  • Reliable Energy Management               1-800-692-4011
  • Synergy Companies                            1-888-272-8394
  • What can you expect from participating in this program?
    • You will be referred to an authorized Energy Savings Assistance Program contractor in your area.
    • The Energy Savings Assistance Program contractor will schedule an appointment with you for a home visit.
    • During the home visit, the contractor will help you determine if you are eligible for the program and if so, help complete all the necessary paperwork.
    • If your home meets eligibility requirements, there may be additional appointments scheduled for installation of home improvements.
    • After installation, you may be contacted by an inspector to ensure all improvements were installed correctly.
  • What are the income guidelines?

    Eligibility for the no cost energy efficient home improvement program and the energy bill discount program are based on income and household size or by your household participation in certain public assistance programs.

    Public assistance programs that qualify:

    You may qualify based on you or a member of your household’s participation in one or more of the following programs:

    • Medicaid/Medi-Cal for Families A & B
    • CalFresh (Food Stamps) SNAP
    • Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
    • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
    • Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
    • National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
    • Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    • CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF

    Income levels that qualify:

    You may qualify based on household size and total current household income*=Total income of all persons living in your house, condo, apartment or mobile home.

    Household Size Maximum Combined Annual Income Household Size

    Maximum Combined Annual  Income

    1-2 $32,480 6 $65,920
    3 $40,840 7 $74,280
    4 $49,200 8 $82,640
    5 $57,560 Each additional member $8,360

    Effective June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018

    * Total household income is all taxable and non-taxable revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to: wages, salaries, interest, dividends, spousal and child support payments; public assistance payments, Social Security and pensions, rental income, income from self-employment, and all employment-related non-cash income.

  • Other Ways to Apply

    Our Authorized Contractor

    If you'd like to speak with someone to see if you qualify for this program (which may also qualify you to receive a monthly bill discount through our CARE Program) you can contact our authorized contractor, RHA.

    Call 1-866-597-0597 to schedule an appointment.

  • Questions?

    For more information call us at 1-800-411-7343.