Save with our Medical Baseline Allowance Program
Medical Baseline Allowance program
To be placed on this program, you must return a completed application certified by your physician (MD or DO only) or fill out the renewal application if you're already on Medical Baseline. We cannot accept applications from Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners
What are the program requirements
It is important to know that household income is not a factor for qualifying, but a doctor’s certification on the application is required. You can qualify for Medical Baseline Program if you have the following medical conditions and use one or more of the Qualifying Medical Devices listed below.
|Qualifying Medical Conditions||Qualifying Medical Devices||Devices that DO NOT Qualify|
Compromised immune system
Air Mattress/Hospital Beds
Breather Machines (IPPB)
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
Electric Nerve Stimulators
Inhalation Pulmonary Pressure
Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD)
Lympha Press Devices
Pulse Oximeters/Monitors (must be used with other medical devices, cannot be powered by battery)
Respirators (all types)
Total Artificial Heart (TAH-t)
The Vest/Airway Clearance System
Pool or tank heaters
Saunas or hot tubs
- Participation Rules
The qualifying person must live at the address where the allowance will be given. The qualifying person’s name does not have to be on the bill; however, the person who is listed on the bill must sign the application.
- Equipment is for home-use only.
- Equipment used for therapy rather than for life support generally does not qualify for Medical Baseline. This includes whirlpool pumps, heating pads, vaporizers, humidifiers, pool or tank heaters, saunas, or hot tubs.
- Equipment must have a medical purpose in itself to qualify. For example, refrigerators used to keep insulin cold do not qualify.
The qualifying person will be asked to renew and update their application:
- If the doctor certifies the medical condition is permanent, we'll require completion of a form self-certifying their continued eligibility for the Medical Baseline Allowance every two years.
- If the doctor certifies the medical condition is not permanent, we'll require completion of a form self-certifying their continued eligibility for the Medical Baseline Allowance each year and completion of a new application with a doctor's certification every two years.
The qualifying person may be asked to renew and update their application even if the doctor has certified the condition as permanent. When we do this, we’ll mail a renewal notice.
If the qualifying person moves, please let us know as their allowance does not transfer automatically.
Withdrawing from the program
You must notify us if the medical equipment is no longer needed, or if the person using it no longer lives at the address where the allowance is given.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Or call us at 1-800-411-7343
While we do our best to avoid outages, we cannot guarantee that the power will always be on. It is recommended that you make arrangements for a back-up power supply if you require life support equipment.
Your application will be processed within 30 days of the date it is received. Please keep a copy for your records.
- Would you like to fill out the application in a language other than English?